The 509 Ignite Gloves are a fantastic addition to your winter gear, offering seamless detection activation and intelligent heating technology for up to five hours of added warmth. To ensure these gloves maintain their performance and durability, it's essential to clean them properly.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to wash your 509 Ignite Gloves:
Step 1: Remove the Battery Before you begin washing your 509 Ignite Gloves, it's crucial to remove the 7.4-volt lithium-ion battery pack. The battery is located in the gauntlet of the gloves, and it's essential to take it out before washing to prevent any damage to the electrical components.
Step 2: Hand Wash on Cold To maintain the quality of your gloves, it's recommended to hand wash them. Fill a basin or sink with cold water and add a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach, as they can damage the materials and affect the functionality of the gloves.
Step 3: Gently Clean the Gloves Immerse the gloves in the soapy water and gently agitate them to clean the exterior. Pay particular attention to areas that might have accumulated dirt, such as the palm and back of the hand. Be cautious not to scrub too hard, as excessive force could damage the insulation or leather.
Step 4: Rinse Thoroughly After cleaning, rinse the gloves thoroughly with cold water to remove any soap residue. Ensure that all detergent is washed out to prevent irritation or discomfort when wearing the gloves.
Step 5: Air Dry Avoid using direct heat sources or machines to dry the gloves, as this can cause shrinkage or damage the materials. Instead, gently squeeze out excess water and lay the gloves flat on a clean towel to absorb the moisture. Then, allow the gloves to air dry in a well-ventilated area. It's essential not to wring or twist the gloves to speed up drying, as this can misshape them.
- Do not use a washing machine or dryer for cleaning the gloves, as this can lead to irreversible damage.
- Avoid exposing the gloves to extreme heat or open flames, as this can harm the materials and the heating elements.
- Never store the gloves when they are still damp, as this can lead to mildew or unpleasant odors.
- If the gloves are heavily soiled, consider using a soft brush or cloth to gently remove dirt before washing.
- Store the gloves in a cool, dry place when not in use, and ensure the battery is removed to preserve its lifespan.
Following these steps will help maintain the quality and performance of your 509 Ignite Gloves, ensuring they remain a reliable companion for your cold-weather activities. With proper care, these gloves will continue to keep your hands warm and comfortable throughout many winter seasons to come.